I am often asked if eyelash pullers should use products such as Latisse to help grow their eyelashes back. Having studied these products, the effects of chemicals on a Trichotillomania treatment and having used them personally in my own eyelash pulling treatment, I have to say I am overwhelmingly against using these products in your Trichotillomania cure. Latisse and eyelash pullers do not make happy bedfellows. There are several reasons why I feel this way, let me explain:
– using chemicals to treat hair pulling of any sort will only exacerbate the urges to pull and the physical conditions that may surround your trich condition.
– Trichotillomania sufferers should use only all natural products such as essential oils to soothe the follicles, reduce urges, and encourage helathly follicles and eyelash growth
– eyelash pullers should have a product that they can use as often as they need to rub in whenever they feel the urge to pull. This will change the behavior and retrain neural pathways from pulling to rubbing.
– this brings me to the fact that a Trichotillomania sufferer must attack the condition itself, and not just hope for a miracle cure to grow eyelashes so that the sufferer can continue to pull.
– in my own experience, Latisse caused my eyelashes to turn red, be irritated and grow strangely. There was much more harm than good done as I was so aware of my eyelashes becasue of the side effects that I couldn’t keep my attention (or hands) away from my eyes.
– we don’t really know what the lasting side effects of Latisse could be, and there are a lot of indications that they could be dangerous indeed!
– Latisse is horribly expensive, and I resent that this company is preying on people’s insecurities to encourage them to spend large amonts of money on a product such as this one.
My advice, as a previous eyelash trichotillomania sufferer is to get some sort of all natural product (such as Trich Stop Oil) and use it in conjunction with a well thought out plan (such as the Trich Stop System) to cure your eyelash pulling condition. Concentrate your time, money and resources on a cure, and after that, your eyelashes will come!