Having a healthy body is key to laying the foundations to successfully cure hair pulling and Trichotillomania and grow your hair back. There are many studies that show that nutrition can contribute to exacerbating urges to pull. Cut out processed foods, eat a balanced healthy diet and exercise when you can. Exercise improves circulation throughout your body, including your scalp, which can result in faster hair growth and soothed follicles. Eat the foods that your body needs as a Trich treatment, keep hair follicles healthy and grow strong hair back quickly:
· Vitamin A is essential for hair growth. Natural food sources include mango, orange, carrot, sweet potato, and squash. But don’t take supplements as too much can actually cause hair loss.
· Vitamin B boosts the production of hemoglobin, which helps follicles receive enough oxygen to stay healthy and promote hair growth. Eat potatoes, garbanzo beans/chickpeas, chicken breast, oatmeal, pork loin, and roast beef.
· Potassium. The highest concentrations are found in bananas and the added potassium helps to balance out deficiencies that can contribute to hair pulling urges.
· Folic acid is found in collard greens, lentils, garbanzo beans/chickpeas, papaya, peas, and asparagus, folic acid contributes to natural hair regrowth.
· Vitamin E also helps blood circulate to the scalp and improve hair growth and can be found in most cereals, almonds, safflower oil, corn oil, and soybean oil.
· Vitamin C is required for the development of collagen, which is necessary for growing strong hair. Eat kiwi fruit, guava, red peppers, and oranges.
Certain vitamin supplements and amino acids for hair pullers have proven effective. Take a look at what is out there and consider giving one a try.
Feeling good in your body also lays the foundations for feeling good about yourself, which is an important psychological step in curing Trich. make sure you read as much information about Trichotillomania as you can.