While I know longer pull out my eyelashes, I do sometimes get those ever familiar urges. Since I used the methods that are explained in the Trich Stop Hair Pulling Treatment System I have been able to control my impulses to pull, however I am sometimes reminded of my condition. However I do notice that in the summer time, while spending many hours in the sun, I have less impulses and notice that my eyelashes are stronger and fuller than normal. This leads me to two thoughts 1) it really is true that out environment and diet have a lot to do with our hair pulling urges and how to treat eyelash pulling and 2) much more research needs to be done on the causes of hair and eyelash pulling. So what are recommended supplements or vitamins for eyelash pulling?
As a reminder, here are some pointers about diet and vitamins for eyelash pulling, and how you can use these as a support for your treatment:
- Vitamin A is essential for hair growth. Eat: mango, orange, carrot, sweet potato, and squash, but pass on the supplements as too much can actually cause hair loss.
- Vitamin B boosts your blood so that follicles get oxygen which keeps them healthy and promotes hair growth. Eat: potatoes, garbanzo beans, chicken breast, oatmeal.
- Potassium balance out nutritional deficiencies that can contribute to eyelash pulling. Eat: bananas
- Folic acid contributes to natural hair growth. Eat: collard greens, lentils, garbanzo beans, papaya, peas, and asparagus
- Vitamin E helps with blood circulation and improves hair growth. Eat: cereals, almonds, safflower oil, corn oil, and soybean oil
- Vitamin C is develops the collagen in strong hair. Eat: kiwi fruit, guava, red peppers, and oranges
You can also consider taking herbal supplements such as Valerian root, Passionflower or St John’s Wort. These are natural tranquilizers and have a calming effect. Green tea also has an amino-acid which reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, helps brain functions and has many other positive effects on health.
Lastly, be sure to get enough potassium, calcium, zinc and magnesium. Deficiencies of these minerals have been linked to obsessive-compulsive disorders, including studies where cows that have abnormally low levels of these minerals chew on their skin and pull out their hair.
The most successful eyelash pulling treatments are those that use many different methods and take your entire lifestyle into account. A basic and fundamental thing you can change is how you ‘feed the machine’. Take care of your nutrition and you’ll set the foundations to stop pulling out your eyelashes.