While there are many traditional methods to deal with hair and eyelash pulling, there are also quite a few natural remedies for hair pulling. But one may wonder, does a natural cure for trichotillomania work?
Each hair pulling case is unique
Since every person is unique, their version of hair pulling, or trichotillomania is also unique. Therefore, it stands to reason that the treatments that will work for them will vary. One person may have great success with a purely therapeutic approach, while another may find meditation is the key to their hair pulling treatment.
The right mix of hair pulling treatment methods
But the best strategy of all is putting together a mix of traditional and alternative methods. This creates a web of support that will help in any instance and gives you much support.
5 Natural Remedies for Hair Pulling
While there are many natural remedies for hair pulling, we have pulled out 5 of our top recommendations. These are easy to put in place, with not only immediate results, but lasting ones.
In addition, these changes will not only affect your hair pulling, but most likely will make changes in other areas of your life. And a happy, healthy, balanced and natural life is the basis for treating trichotillomania successfully.
- Vitamins and diet – by watching what you put into your body you can reduce inflammation. Incorporating the right vitamins and managing your diet affects mental health as well as physical.
- Essential oils – essential oils have been used for generations to heal, soothe and affect behavior. Find out more about how to use essential oils to treat trich and encourage hair growth.
- Shampoo – treating your hair and scalp with all natural ingredients and reducing the chemicals you use on and in your body will reduce irritation. You can make your own natural shampoo for trichotillomania
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy – treating the mind is as important, if not more important than topical solutions. Cognitive behavior therapy uses no medication and is an all natural remedy for hair pulling.
- Reducing alcohol – alcohol creates an ecosystem in your body. Yeast build up, dehydration and inflammation caused by alcohol only exacerbates hair pulling and eyelash pulling urges. In addition it reduces inhibitors and makes it harder to stay strong against urges. How many mornings after drinking do you look in dismay in the mirror as the damage you have done after a few glasses?
Putting the foundation in place for a healthy, balanced life will also be the foundation for your hair pulling treatment. A healthy mind in a healthy body is the goal. By putting just these 5 natural remedies into place, step by step, one day at a time, you can create the environment for a successful hair and eyelash pulling treatment.